Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Tyler? Normally, you should consider three major regions of the home for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your provider can advise where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
While you might find it unlikely that a criminal would attempt to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions happen at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other threats to consider. A doorbell camera is ideal to handle these types of worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you are able to speak with any visitors who walk up and press the button. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to all engagements with two-way communications and live video and appear to be at home. Then if someone begins doing something questionable, you are able to have your video surveillance capture footage and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting undertaking. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to help ensure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Tyler home allow for an impressive viewing angle, seeing two sections of your property.
- Position underneath an overhang or into a bit of cladding or edging are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partially concealed by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you may know!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the street.
For each installation, make sure you prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Tyler. That same adaptability results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are secure, the sunshine that enters via a window may cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device located in a high place will have a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of securing them to be certain they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a plant in the way. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to cloak your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (903) 231-9117 or fill out the form on this page to get started.