Home security cameras can easily be used as a hindrance—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are armed with a number of tools all designed to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to get the most from security cameras in Tyler.
How To Set Up Your Tyler Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras in the optimal spots around your living space is the first place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great move to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your porch, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your home that are less vital to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room can reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Tyler. The additions shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone the instant abnormal activity is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when activity is detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to film and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with guests through the device. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can produce video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Tyler is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (903) 231-9117 or complete the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.