The latest residential security solutions have become increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still forget to do simple security tasks like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Tyler, you can just leave the house and have your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Tyler For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to interact with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all elements onto a single network. You can institute a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and program what actions you want to take place as you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you could program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are some of the components you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Tyler. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Tyler
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (903) 231-9117 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.